Immaculate Heart of Mary Academy (IHMA) believes that every child is made in the image and likeness of God. He/She is endowed with the dignity of a person. He/She possesses the potentials needed to become the best person he is invited to become. Education therefore is directed to the “formation of the human person in pursuit of his/her ultimate goal for the good of the society in which, as a person, he/she is a member, and in whose responsibilities, as an adult, he/she will share” (Declaration on Christian Education #1)
To achieve the total formation of its students, IHMA recognize the need for a close collaboration among the members of the school community – the parents, the students themselves, the teachers and staff, and the administrators.
Therefore, IHMA believes …
- That as an educational system, it adheres to the fundamental principle that every human being is endowed with the dignity of the person and has the right to education directed to the development of his/her whole person;
- That as a Catholic educational institution, Catholic belief and doctrine animate its educational program. Its religious practices, liturgies and acts of worship are Catholic; the values it promotes are Catholic in orientation. It cultivates in its students, faculty, and staff a lively response of faith to the person of Jesus Christ, as members of different faith communities in school, at home, or within the larger ecclesial community which is the Catholic Church;
- That as a College Preparatory school, it seeks to uphold quality education providing the students with the necessary skills, attitudes and values that enable them to meet the demands of higher education;
- That as a Filipino school, it offers a program of studies approved, sanctioned, and endorsed by the Philippine government. Its program contributes to the formation of productive citizens who cherish the values of Filipino culture, and are committed to the challenges of building a Philippine nation that is maka-Diyos, maka-tao, maka-bayan, at makakalikasan;
- That as an MIC school, it is committed to develop among its students and lay collaborators a joyful spirit of thanksgiving in union with Mary and Venerable Delia Tetreault (MIC Foundress).
- That as a community of educators, the collaboration of the teachers, support personnel, administrators and parents, is essential in the formation of a truly educated person.
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Academy (I.H.M.A.) , is a Catholic institution owned and administered by the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (M.I.C.). Its goal is the integral formation of the total person. Therefore, it seeks to:
- Cultivate and nurture in the students as well as in the faculty and staff, a lively faith in Jesus Christ and in His Mission;
- Improve the academic achievement of our students that will result in quality performance;
- Develop the students’ sense of academic responsibility and the habit of doing their work well;
- Integrate values especially in the ethically rich content subjects that will develop their moral reasoning and self-discipline;
- Develop appreciation for one’s unique cultural heritage and social identity;
- Engage students in experiences that will highlight shared leadership and responsibility for making the school the best it can be;
- Teach students to respect and care for their neighbor, environment and community;
- Conscienticize the students to their missionary responsibility as Christians to serve others especially those who are poor and marginalized.